Salt: It is significant in our lives because allegorically it is a change agent and influences what it comes into contact with. It is also a preservative and an antiseptic, healing ,it preserves and is cleansing, even killing bacteria etc in some instances.
Math 5: 13 (MSG)" Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage.
Today, there are such expressions as "taking things with a pinch of salt", or "with a grain of salt". The meaning being, we must not believe all and everything but must instead use wisdom and through that come to wise assessments and conclusions.
Salt has been throughout the ages and history and still to this day is connected with wisdom. For example in Col 4:5 "Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone."
Salt also has the following uses - See if you can relate these uses (word pictures) to your use of God salt in the worlplace, in your home, or around your area of influence daily. I have popped a few thoughts in brackets to start you thinking;
- To remove wet ink stains from the carpet, cover the stain with salt. Let sit over night and vacuum. The salt should have absorbed all the ink. (God salt assists in the application and facilitation of Conflict Management perhaps)
- Pour salt on snails and slugs and watch them disappear before your eyes. Salt will also repel ants. (Interesting, using some of our God salt on the slugs that try to slime up our lives )
- Before removing the scales from a fish, soak it in salt water. Removal will be much easier. (Application of God salt in difficult situations makes for soultions, is what I am thinking)
- If you add a little salt to your rinse cycle, your clothes won't freeze if hung outside on a cold day. (God salt could help deflect those icy situations and conversations that come our way at times, or could stop those icy labe3ls that the world tries to stick to us )
- Use salt as a mouthwash or gargle to ease ulcers and a sore mouth (God Salt applied to heal and ease situations)
- By boiling eggs in salt water, the shells will be easier to peel. (God salt may help us breakthrough those apparent hard outer shells we see people armoured up with in our workplaces )
- Add salt to some boiling water and pour down the sink to eliminate stinky pipes. (God salt may well rid the stench of the enemy)
- Add a dash of salt to egg white for stiff, high peaks when making meringue or other baked treats. (God salt in our mountaintop experiences are important also)
- Enhance the flavor of coffee and tea — a pinch of salt in coffee grinds or added to a cup of tea is said to enhance the flavor of each of these beverages. (God salt just makes things better and easier to swallow)
- Pour common household salt on a kitchen fire to extinguish. (God Salt extinguishes the firey darts of the enemy)
- Add a half cup of salt to your wash water to prevent fading. (God salt keeps you shining bright)
- Shine tarnished silver by rubbing it with salt. (God salt as an encourager and exhorter to help others shine )
- Pour salt directly on weeds to kill them.( God salt is powerful is all I have to say)
JUST BE WHO GOD MADE YOU
AND GOD SALT SHAKE YOUR WAY THROUGH EVERYDAY